We are not currently accepting grant requests. Sorry. We expect to be accepting requests in late 2015.
The Pickleball For All Foundation provides grants to youth-oriented programs that desire to implement pickleball as a physical activity that can help kids be active - an important component of fighting obesity. A great side benefit is that Pickleball is so much fun!
Grants typically take the form of the necessary pickleball equipment to play pickleball on one court. Cash grants may be approved in special cases. We generally also assist in finding pickleball players in the program's local area that can volunteer to teach the basics of the game and provide ongoing support as needed.
Grant requests are evaluated by the Foundation on a periodic basis.
Criteria for successful grant approval includes:
- Program must be focused on youth up to age 18
- Priority is given to programs with a focus on helping of low income youth
- Priority is given to programs with an established focus on fighting obesity
- Priority is given to non-profit organizations
- Priority is given to programs working with disabled youth
- Program must demonstrate the availability of an appropriate indoor or outdoor court surface
- Requests for PE departments will not be approved, although after-school programs will be considered
- Program name, contact, phone, email, web site and physical address
- Description of the program and how pickleball will add value to the program
- Description of how the program meets the criterial listed above
- If a non-profit please provide documentation of status
- Contact information for two references knowledge of the program - accountant, lawyer, Board Member
Grant recipients agree to:
- Provide a brief progress report after three, six, and twelve months
- Provide photos or videos of program participants playing pickleball with permission for the Foundation to use on its web site and for general purposes